Peanutbutter Bars




I have many wonderful memories from my Kindergarten days; riding the bus with Joni, Clint, and Cam, playing kissing tag at recess, the wooden kitchen in the play area, gargling my milk at snack time, changing the weather board each morning, and learning that a "couple" meant 2 and not a boy and a girl who hold hands. But one of the best memories I have of Kindergarten are the peanut butter bars we had about once a month. They were delicious. I still love peanut butter bars. Chocolate and peanut butter...what's not to love? I have tried a few recipes over the years and thought that they were pretty good, but once I had these I knew just how good they could be. Hands down, the best recipe for peanut butter bars that I have ever had. I would go home and make some tonight (and every night) if I wasn't trying to get rid of at least one of the rolls that I have round my middle! Thanks Julie for making these for me and bringing back those wonderful Kindergarten memories.



Peanut Butter Bars

3/4 c butter, softened

3/4 c sugar

3/4 c brown sugar

3/4 c peanut butter

2 eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla

3/4 tsp soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 c flour

1 1/3 c oats


Cream together the butter and sugars. Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix the oats until firm dough is made. Press batter into a jelly roll pan. Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE. The bars should be barely golden. Allow to cool while you make the frosting.


Chocolate Fudge Frosting

1 c sugar

5 Tbls butter

1/3 c milk

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

3/4 c mini marshmallows (I know, right?!)


Place the sugar, butter, and milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil while stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat, add the chocolate chips and stir untiled melted. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted. Spread onto mostly cool bars.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feta Party Dip

Creamy Chicken Taquitos

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta