Zucchuini Muffins

You know it is the end of summer in Woodland when you have zucchuini coming out of your ears! We all know that our family recipe for Chocolate Zucchuini Cake is the BEST way to use up your zucchuini, but if you have more zucchuini than you know what to do with, there are other options. You have, zucchuini bread, zucchuini spaghetti, zucchuini casseroles, and even zucchuini cookies. Today I bring you another way to use your harvest of zucchuini, a recipe from my Sister-in-law, Jadi, for zucchuini muffins. Ummmmm, zucchuini muffins. I can just taste them now. They are SO good. They boys even love them knowing that there is zucchuini in them!

3 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. oil (can substitute some applesauce for part of the oil)
3 t. vanilla
2 c. grated raw zucchuini
3 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
3 t. cinnamon

Mix first four ingredients well, then add remaining ingredients. Bake in greased muffin pans at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

* I have tried this recipe for zucchuini bread, and while it is delicious, it falls in the middle when baked in bread pans. I have tried both large and small. Even my muffins have kind of sunk in the middle occasionally. Oh well, they still tast delicious, and we eat them so fast, I am the only one who notices. So if your muffins fall in the middle, know that you are in good company. I have read some solutions for sweet breads falling in the middle. Some of the solutions are, adding more baking soda, not mixing too much, not letting them sit in the pan for very long before you bake them, trying a different temperature.... I don't care enough to mess around with the recipe. Fallen middle or not, these are delicious!

Comments

Jadi said…
I am glad you like them too. I have some zucchini in my fridge right now just so I can make these. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Feta Party Dip

Creamy Chicken Taquitos

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta