Taco Skillet Casserole

I have been thinking about posting this recipe for a while, but have hesitated becasue of its simplicity. I mean who can't throw a few ingredients in a pan? What is so special about this simple recipe? But last week when I made it again for dinner I decided to "just do it". Here's why...I found this recipe on a label for tomato soup and tried it one night for dinner. I thought that it was pretty good, especially for how easy it was. That night when my dad came in the house he lifted the lid and took a few bites and said, "Did you make this? It is so good." He continued to eat right out of the pan while standing at the stove. A little later that night Tim happened to come by and also lifted the lid and took a few bites. His response was the same, and soon the "leftovers" were gone. I was laughing inside thinking how "good" they thought it was when it took me about 5 minutes and 5 ingredients to make.

I made it again a while later and for some reason we had the Buti girls with us for dinner. Luke, Tess, and Ellie all devoured it! So now I had the approval of the men and the children. I knew it was a keeper. Luke loves it so much that his record servings for one dinner is six! So........only try this recipe if you want to make something QUICK, EASY, DELICIOUS, and have people RAVE about it.

Taco Skillet Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
1 can tomato soup
1 cup salsa (however hot you like it)
1/2 - 1 cup water (depending on how "soupy" or "thick" you want it.)
6-8 tortillas (depending on size) cut into 1 inch squares. I have used both flour and corn tortillas and we have like both, but Luke noticed a difference when I used corn and said he like flour better.
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Brown the ground beef (and rinse off all the fat if you are like me, or leave it on if you are like my mom!). Add the tomato soup, salsa, water and tortillas. Stir and heat until the tortillas are soft. Add the cheese and stir until melted.

P.S. Sisters, isn't this just screaming "FREEZER MEAL!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Chicken Taquitos

Grilled Cheese Sandwich