Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Here is the first of the the two desserts that are great for a Hawaiian Inspired party.

1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (drain and save the liquid)
1 box yellow, white, vanilla (what I used), butter yellow, or pineapple cake mix
ingredients to make cake according to the package
Whipped cream (optional)

Melt the butter in a 9x13 pan in the pre-heating oven. When the butter is melted, sprinkle with brown sugar then drained pineapple. Make the cake according to the directions, using the drained pineapple juice as a substitute for the water. Pour the mix over the butter, brown sugar, pineapple. Bake according to the cake mix directions.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10ish minutes, then invert the cake on a platter.
Top with whipped cream if desired.

*This cake was really good. I don't LOVE pineapple upside down cakes, but of all I have ever tasted, this was the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feta Party Dip

Creamy Chicken Taquitos

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta