Apple Dumplings


Since my last recipe was nice and healthy, I decided to do a complete 180 and post a sinfully delicious dessert. I have seen this recipe on many of my favorite recipe blogs, but I am pretty sure that the original is from the Pioneer Woman. I love that woman. Who else would combine ingredients like this and have it turn out so AMAZING. I made these last summer after spending the evening in Grandma and Grandpa Bisel's apple orchard (with Chelsea on my shoulders) picking apples. I suppose you could make them with apples you buy at the store, but somehow I think that they are better if you use apples your sister picked (from your shoulders) off of trees that have been growing on your ancestors property for 100 years.

Apple Dumplings

2 medium Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
cinnamon (for sprinkling)
1/2 can Mt. Dew or Sprite (or 7-up, or Shasta; whatever you have on hand. I used "Sierra Mist")

Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.

Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

Comments

Chelsea Johnson said…
These sound simply delicious! I want to leave work and make them right now! I'm glad I had a hand in them last year!

Popular posts from this blog

Feta Party Dip

Creamy Chicken Taquitos

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta